Learn about Eventbrite specific terminology and platform concepts.
It's important to understand the foundational concepts and terminology of any platform to create a successful integration. Here are some terms that will help you understand Eventbrite's key concepts.
Eventbrite - Discover Great Events or Create Your Own & Sell Tickets. Eventbrite brings people together through live experiences. Discover events that match your passions, or create your own with online ticketing tools.
- Organization - Organizations are separate accounts on eventbrite that have their own billing, permissions, organizer profiles, events, and more.
- Organizer Profile - Organizer Profiles are tags that exist inside of a single Organization. These tags can be used to filter events in various ways inside of Eventbrite and via the API.
- Recurring Event - Recurring Events are best for events that are identical, but happen across multiple dates, time slots, or sessions. Each Recurring Event has a Parent Event and a series of Child Events that belong to it.
- Parent Event - Parent Events carry all of the event details you set for your recurring event. They do not have ticket information associated with them. Publishing a parent event publishes all of its child events.
- Child Event - Child Events belong to an individual parent event and have data unique to itself.
- Event - Individual events are unique and have unique data and publish statuses. Events belong to 1 Organization and have 1 Organizer Profile.
- Embedded Checkout - Sell tickets right from your website or blog with our website integration. Attendees complete the purchase without leaving your website.
Learn more about Eventbrite by visiting their support page.